Vacuum pump EDWARDS RV Rotary Vane Pumps
The RV series of small oil sealed rotary vane pumps deliver excellent ultimate vacuum pressure, high pumping speeds and superior vapour handling capabilities with quiet operation. With 400,000 units produced, these pumps offer proven performance that sets the industry standard for R&D and scientific pumping applications.
All our RV pumps are quiet. Noise levels of 48 dBA 50Hz have been achieved by extensive work on the pump design, drive train and motor.
The pumps have the unique ability to deliver excellent ultimate vacuum in both high vacuum and high throughput modes with or without gas ballast. This gives the user an unrivalled opportunity to select the optimum pumping performance without compromising the application.
The simple to use mode selector and accessible, three-position gas ballast control allow the pump to be reconfigured at any time, even when the pump is running.
In high vacuum mode, the RV pump is ideal for analytical instruments, electron microscopes, physics research, backing turbo pumps and leak detection applications. Configure the same pump in the high throughput mode, and it becomes suitable for distillation, laboratory furnaces, backing vapor pumps, solvent concentration, freeze drying and other drying applications.
- Analytical instruments
- Laboratory bench top vacuum
- Turbomolecuar backing pumps
- Freeze drying
- Research and development
- Centrifuges, ultra-high speed
- Degassing/curing – oil, epoxy resin
- Gas bottle filling/emptying
- Gel drying
- Glove boxes, ovens
- Leak detectors, Helium
- Load locks and transfer chambers
- Refrigeration manufacture
- Rotary, centirfugal evaporators
- Scanning electron microscopes – SEM
- SEM/FIB (ion beam repair)
- Solvent recovery
- Surface science instruments
Features and Benefits
- High reliability – generous lubrication of moving parts.
- Safe process and systems – fast acting inlet valve for best in class anti‑suck back protection.
- Configured to meet your vacuum needs – mode selector and three position gas ballast
- No unplanned downtime – designed for easy maintenance.
- Better work environment – quiet running and intrusive frequencies minimised.
- Three position gas ballast allows either 60 g/hr or a class leading 220 g/hr (290 g/hr on RV12) of water vapour to be handled.
- Universal motor to cover the widest possible voltage and frequency range from a single variant.
- Smooth controlled inlet valve opening by oil pressure to eliminate pressure surges.
- Rapid closing inlet valve within 0.4 seconds of pump stopping.